Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Missing You

It's finally happened!  Chase is officially "street legal" and enjoying the freedom of being behind the wheel and getting himself where he needs to go.  I, however, don't find this new freedom nearly as gratifying as he does.  As the day approached for his driver's test, Chase explains that he wants to get his baseball gear ready and loaded into his truck.  Then he proceeds to ask me if we can stop at the house and get his truck after he gets his license to go to school in.   "Yes" I reply.   Of course he will want to take his truck to school.  What kid wouldn't?  This answer makes him happy.  Then I start thinking about this and ask him, "if we take your truck to school, how will I get home?"  He smiles and replies, "you're not going." The puzzled look on my face is amusing to him.  I  have to laugh when I realize for the first time that he doesn't NEED me to take him to school.   He's right, I'm not going.  He doesn't need me to take him to school.....he's going by himself.  I tell him, "you are going to miss me".  He smiles his most loving smile and states, "yes Momma, but not near as much as you're going to miss me". 

No comments:

Post a Comment