Friday, August 27, 2010

Little Boy at Heart

Chase and I were on a cruise this summer an stayed in different cabins.  The night of the formal Captain's dinner arrives and I hear a knock on my cabin door.  There stands Chase at 6' tall looking so handsome saying to me, "Are you ready Momma?"  How sweet of him to come get me!  I adjust his tie slightly and we proceed to the dining room.  I should mention that Chase and I are not seated at the same table.  I watch him with a smile on my face thinking of how grown up he looks.  I'm thinking of how proud I am of him then I realize that he doesn't appear to be wearing socks!  That's not the only thing to take notice of.....as we are all having a five star meal, Chase has chicken fingers with fries on  his plate and a wine glass full of chocolate milk!  Priceless!  At 14 no matter how big he looks in size, he's still a little boy at heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment